If you are new to referring families to us we would recommend to contact us first before sending in the Service Request Form
Some of our services have specific criteria depending on funding arrangements.
You can refer a family by using our Service Request form which can be downloaded from the link below:
Service Request Form (Word Document)
Service Request Form (Word 97-2003 Document)
Please return your referral to email@example.com or by post to;
Goldington Family Centre
Bedford, MK41 9HU
Play Therapy Referrals
We will accept referrals from Bedford Borough schools/academies and early years settings who have signed up to the project by completing a ‘Memorandum of Understanding’ with Families First Bedfordshire.
Eligibility criteria includes the following;
- Children/Young People must be living in Bedford Borough (we will accept referrals from professionals outside of Bedford Borough as long as the child/young person reside in the Borough)
- Be aged 3-14 years
- Currently experiencing or have experienced one or more of the following;
- Domestic abuse in the family home
- A parent/carer with substance misuse
- A parent/carer with mental health issues or emerging mental health needs which are impacting on the child. This may include loss/grief/post natal depression or anxiety disorders
Schools, academies and Early Years Settings may refer a child or young person for play therapy by completing our service request form.
For schools, academies and early years settings who have not signed up to the project a draft ‘Memorandum of Understanding’ can be found here. Should you wish to sign up so we can accept referrals from you please contact either Jackie Bland, Jill Cooper or Mandy Conlon on 01234 341 977. You can also email them by clicking their name.
For schools, academies and early years settings involved in the project please find below the necessary paperwork for completion at referral stage and post intervention;
Children’s Centre Referrals
For referrals into the Children’s Centre please complete an Early Help Assessment (EHA) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. A full copy of the Early Help process can be downloaded from here.
If you are a parent/carer you can contact us directly for further information on 0300 323 0245 or firstname.lastname@example.org